2002-07-26 09:26:56

by miyoshi

Subject: Doubly mounting same directory

Hi, all.

I am newbie to NFS, and I have a question about Linux NFS.

On most unix systems, mounting the same remote directory to
the same local mount point will cause mount error.

On linux boxes, we can do that without error.
It seems there are some semantic difference between
Linux NFS and other implementations,
but what is the difference?

by Alex Thiel

Subject: Re: Doubly mounting same directory

On Friday 26 July 2002 11:27, [email protected] wrote:
> Hi, all.
>
> I am newbie to NFS, and I have a question about Linux NFS.
>
> On most unix systems, mounting the same remote directory to
> the same local mount point will cause mount error.
>
> On linux boxes, we can do that without error.
> It seems there are some semantic difference between
> Linux NFS and other implementations,
> but what is the difference?
>
> Thanks,

This is not an NFS issue; you can do this with local drives also. As far =
as I=20
can remember the semantics changed in the 2.4.x kernel series.

Regards,

=09Alex