2002-10-09 10:23:12

by Thomas Langås

Subject: NFS shares becoming disabled

If you have a box with two (or more, maybe) shares exported, and one of theese
shares "dies", the other share will also become unavailable to the nfs clients
that tries to or has mounted any of theese shares.

We've seen this twice now, with our fileservers (each fileservers have two
disks mounted over fiberchannel). If one of those disks "die", ie. server
loose connectivity, both shares becomes unavailable to the nfs clients.

Why? (It should only be the affected share that becomes unavailable, since
we locally can do whatever we want on the other disk that's still mounted).

--
Thomas