2002-10-18 23:25:51

by David Rees

Subject: Known NFS Read corruption in recent kernels with NFS_ALL?

I had been running 2.4.18 with NFS_ALL for quite some time with out any
problems on a number of machines running as both client and server using
nfsv3 and default mount options.

However, after upgrading a server to 2.4.19 with NFS_ALL (the old NFS_ALL
patch, not the one dated 5 Oct) I started noticing what seemed like random
read corruption from 2.4.18-NFS_ALL and 2.4.19-NFS_ALL clients. From what I
can tell, the client is caching data from the server in some weird way and
never goes back to the server to actually verify the data, but this is just
a guess.

Is this a known issue? If so, does the latest NFS_ALL patch solve this
issue or should I stay back at 2.4.18-NFS_ALL?

Thanks,
Dave