2002-11-16 23:04:26

by dan carpenter

Subject: declaring large variables

I have a project smatch.sf.net that checks the kernel for certain types of errors. My newest code checks that functions do not declare too much data to fit on the kernel's 8kB stack. These functions both use up 2.5kB (16512b) so they're probably not a problem. But it might be worth declaring nfsctl_export as a pointer and using kmalloc to set aside memory.

linux-2.5.44/fs/nfsd/nfsctl.c 212 write_export 16512
linux-2.5.44/fs/nfsd/nfsctl.c 222 write_unexport 16512

Regards,
dan carpenter
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com: Where singles click. Free to Search!
http://www.lavalife.com/wp.epl?a=2716