2003-01-27 00:40:28

by Christian Robottom Reis

Subject: umount warnings with "mountd only version 3"

[Last email for the day, enough bothering for a Sunday]

I've made mountd here refuse version 1 and 2 requests (rpc.mountd -N 2
-N 3), but as the FAQ itself states, we now get messages when calling
umount:

Bad UMNT RPC: RPC: Program/version mismatch; low version = 3, high version = 3

And also, showmount has stopped working:

kiko@minastirith:~$ showmount -e anthem
rpc mount export: RPC: Program/version mismatch; low version = 3, high version = 3

I was wondering if this should be fixed in the client applications
showmount and mount, or if it's a kernel issue?

Take care,

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: umount warnings with "mountd only version 3"

Both are pure userland issues.

> [Last email for the day, enough bothering for a Sunday] I've
> made mountd here refuse version 1 and 2 requests (rpc.mountd -N
> 2 -N 3), but as the FAQ itself states, we now get messages when
> calling umount:

> Bad UMNT RPC: RPC: Program/version mismatch; low version = 3,
> high version = 3

Known issue with the 'umount' program. That's one of the fixes in the
patch

http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/util-linux-2.11n.dif.gz

> And also, showmount has stopped working:

> kiko@minastirith:~$ showmount -e anthem rpc mount export: RPC:
> Program/version mismatch; low version = 3, high version = 3

No patch available, but should be pretty trivial to fix (provided
somebody is willing to put in the hours).

Cheers,
Trond