2003-02-27 16:45:20

by Bernd Schubert

Subject: knfsd & unfsd on the same server

Hi,

I would like to get knfsd and unfsd (actually ClusterNFS) running on the same
server. Actually this already working, even without modifying the source
code, when e.g. unfsd is running on another port.
However, on stopping any of both servers, both are unregistered from rpc, as
rpcinfo shows. Furthermore there are strange log-file messages on mounting
from unfsd, probably since first the wrong rpc.mountd is being called.

To improve this I tried to change the rpc-program numbers in unfsd. For the
rpc.mountd from unfsd this works fine, however when I *also* change the
rpc-number for the nfsd (unfsd), I can't mount from this server.
Here are 2 example commands:

mount -t nfs localhost:/test1 /mnt/test1 #would mount from knfsd

mount -t nfs -o mountprog=110005,nfsprog=110003,port=2050 localhost:/test1
/mnt/test2

So again, when I only change the mountd-rpc-program-number, the second mount
command would work (of course without specifying nfsprog=...), even without
any error/warning message in the logfiles. However, this still causes that
both nfsd-servers are unregistered from rpc when any of both is being stopped

Is this a bug in the mount command, or did I make a mistake when I changed the
rpc-program numbers in unfsd? (I changed them in nfs_prot.h and mount.h). At
least 'rpcinfo -p localhost' seems to show me that unfsd is working with the
changed rpc-number.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Bernd

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: knfsd & unfsd on the same server

> mount -t nfs -o mountprog=110005,nfsprog=110003,port=2050
> localhost:/test1 /mnt/test2

The 'nfsprog' option is unsupported by the Linux NFS client as the
mount program has no way of passing the number down to the kernel.

Cheers,
Trond

by Bernd Schubert

On Thursday 27 February 2003 18:54, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> > mount -t nfs -o mountprog=110005,nfsprog=110003,port=2050
> > localhost:/test1 /mnt/test2
>
> The 'nfsprog' option is unsupported by the Linux NFS client as the
> mount program has no way of passing the number down to the kernel.
>
> Cheers,
> Trond

Thanks for your answer, so we know that we will have to live with this issue.

Best regards,
Bernd