2003-03-03 03:23:59

by Chris Dos

Subject: New error

I had a system crash on my main server and now that it's up, I'm
constantly seeing this error in /var/log/messages and on the console

"kernel: nfsd: request from insecure port (ac1e02bc:47720)!"

I have no idea if this was happening before on this server as it's been
completly rock solid and has been running as an extreamly high volume
NAS for serveral servers for that last six months and I haven't needed
to go into the server. I'm running kernel 2.4.19 with all the NFS
patches as of six months ago. Any ideas on what might be causing this?
Thanks in advance.

Chris Dos

by Ion Badulescu

Subject: Re: New error

On Sun, 02 Mar 2003 20:23:49 -0700, Chris Dos <[email protected]> wrote:
> I had a system crash on my main server and now that it's up, I'm
> constantly seeing this error in /var/log/messages and on the console
>
> "kernel: nfsd: request from insecure port (ac1e02bc:47720)!"

So who is 172.30.2.188 and why did it decide to use a non-privileged
port upon reconnecting?

Is that box a MacOS X box by any chance? Is it mounting from your server
using TCP? That would be a known bug in the Darwin kernel...

Ion

--
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
than to open it and remove all doubt.