2003-04-14 10:20:32

by Charis Charalambous

Subject: NFS problem on Debian Woody

When i try to mount a dir with NFS with 2 PCs running Woody r3.0 i get (on the client of course):
RPC:Port mapper failure-RPC:Unable to send

Both PCs run:
nfs-comon 1.0-2
nfs-kernel-server 1.0-2
nfs-user-server 2.2beta47-12
kernel 2.2.20-idepci
Debian Woody r3.0

In the server i use the scripts:
/etc/init.d/nfs-common start
/etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server start
/etc/init.d/nfs-user-server start

and on the client:
/etc/init.d/nfs-common start

In the attached photos you can see the output from rpcinfo -p. I imagine that "Network is unreachable"
means that the LAN isn't working. I don't think that's true because i can ping successufully
with both, the IPs and the hostnames, in the two PCs.

Anyway, any hint would be appreciated.

Charis

Attachments:
rpcinfo on client.png (40.87 kB)
rpcinfo on server.png (57.83 kB)

by Bernd Schubert

Subject: Re: NFS problem on Debian Woody

On Monday 14 April 2003 12:16, Charis Charalambous wrote:
> When i try to mount a dir with NFS with 2 PCs running Woody r3.0 i get (on
> the client of course): RPC:Port mapper failure-RPC:Unable to send
>
> Both PCs run:
> nfs-comon 1.0-2
> nfs-kernel-server 1.0-2
> nfs-user-server 2.2beta47-12
> kernel 2.2.20-idepci
> Debian Woody r3.0
>
> In the server i use the scripts:
> /etc/init.d/nfs-common start
> /etc/init.d/nfs-kernel-server start
> /etc/init.d/nfs-user-server start

Do you have a kernel that has nfsd support ?

Why do you start unfsd ?

> and on the client:
> /etc/init.d/nfs-common start

What's about starting "/etc/init.d/portmap" on the client ?

Bernd