2003-07-17 01:14:31

by H. J. Lu

Subject: The rpc.mountd program in 1.0.4:

----- Forwarded message from Chris Rankin <[email protected]> -----

From: Chris Rankin <[email protected]>

Jul 15 22:05:50 wellhouse rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from (null):759 for /home (/home)

Notice that (null) where it should give the name of the remote client?
And the server crashed when I issued a umount request, too.

My setup is: gcc-3.2.3, glibc-2.3.2, libwrap.a, Linux 2.4.21.

CFLAGS='-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer'
./configure --prefix=/usr
--enable-secure-statd
--enable-nfsv3
--enable-rquotad
--with-statduser=nobody

Cheers,
Chris

----- End forwarded message -----

by Robert Williamson

Subject: Re: The rpc.mountd program in 1.0.4:

Neil has a fix for this one:

On Monday July 14, [email protected] wrote:

> The mountd daemon segmentation faults after receiving a m=
ount
request from
> the client. Checking /var/log/messages, I get some stran=
ge
logs:

> Jul 14 16:17:25 vega rpc.mountd: authenticated mount requ=
est
from
230a^U@
a^U@
a^U@,=E8^F^H,=E8^F^H=B0a^U@=B0a^U@,a^U@,a^U@Aa^U@Aa^U@Ea^U@=
Ea^U@Da^U@Da^U@Oa^U@Oa^U@=E0a^U@=E0a^U@=E8a^U@=E8a^U@oa^U@oa^U@oa^U@oa^=
U@:793
> for /nfsserver/reiserfs (/nfsserver/reiserfs)
> Jul 14 16:17:25 vega rpc.mountd: MNT1(/nfsserver/ext2) ca=
lled

> I attached an strace of the rpc.mountd pid during an
unsuccessful mount
> request. I can re-test this on 2.6.0-test1 if needed.

Thanks.
There is a stray 'free(hp)' at line 169 in utils/mountd/aut=
h.c,
in the middle of auth_authenticate.
Could you remove that and try again?

NeilBrown

Robert V. Williamson <[email protected]>
Linux Test Project
IBM Linux Technology Center
Web: http://ltp.sourceforge.net
IRC: #ltp on freenode.irc.net
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'=
not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

=
=20
"H. J. Lu" =
=20
<[email protected]> To: [email protected]=
ourceforge.net =20
Sent by: cc: =
=20
[email protected] Subject: [NFS] The r=
pc.mountd program in 1.0.4: =20
ceforge.net =
=20
=
=20
=
=20
07/16/2003 08:14 PM =
=20
=
=20

----- Forwarded message from Chris Rankin <[email protected]> ----=
-

From: Chris Rankin <[email protected]>

Jul 15 22:05:50 wellhouse rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from
(null):759 for /home (/home)

Notice that (null) where it should give the name of the remote client?
And the server crashed when I issued a umount request, too.

My setup is: gcc-3.2.3, glibc-2.3.2, libwrap.a, Linux 2.4.21.

CFLAGS=3D'-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer'
./configure --prefix=3D/usr
--enable-secure-statd
--enable-nfsv3
--enable-rquotad
--with-statduser=3Dnobody

Cheers,
Chris

----- End forwarded message -----

With VMware you can run multiple operating systems on a single machine.=

WITHOUT REBOOTING! Mix Linux / Windows / Novell virtual machines at the=

=

by NeilBrown

On Wednesday July 16, [email protected] wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from Chris Rankin <[email protected]> -----

> From: Chris Rankin <[email protected]>
>
> Jul 15 22:05:50 wellhouse rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from (null):759 for /home (/home)
>
> Notice that (null) where it should give the name of the remote client?
> And the server crashed when I issued a umount request, too.
>
> My setup is: gcc-3.2.3, glibc-2.3.2, libwrap.a, Linux 2.4.21.
>
> CFLAGS='-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer'
> ./configure --prefix=/usr
> --enable-secure-statd
> --enable-nfsv3
> --enable-rquotad
> --with-statduser=nobody

Yeh... makes 1.0.4 a bit of a brown-paper-bag release doesn't it :-(

There is a 1.0.5 on sourceforge now that fixes this and a few other
little things. It will be on kernel.org shortly.

NeilBrown

> Cheers,
> Chris
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

by Bernd Schubert

> There is a 1.0.5 on sourceforge now that fixes this and a few other
> little things. It will be on kernel.org shortly.

Hello !

The debian-package-building files still think its version 1.0.3, well, not a
big deal, but on the other hand its also not a big deal to update the
debian/changelog-file and add an entry for 1.0.5 ;-)

Regards,
Bernd

by Chip Salzenberg

According to Bernd Schubert:
> The debian-package-building files still think its version 1.0.3, well, not a
> big deal, but on the other hand its also not a big deal to update the
> debian/changelog-file and add an entry for 1.0.5 ;-)

I'm the Debian maintainer, and when I actually make a 1.0.5 release
I'll certainly do that. Shouldn't be more than a day or two from now.
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <[email protected]>
but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early." // MST3K

by NeilBrown

On Friday July 18, [email protected] wrote:

> > There is a 1.0.5 on sourceforge now that fixes this and a few other
> > little things. It will be on kernel.org shortly.
>
> Hello !
>
> The debian-package-building files still think its version 1.0.3, well, not a
> big deal, but on the other hand its also not a big deal to update the
> debian/changelog-file and add an entry for 1.0.5 ;-)
>
> Regards,
> Bernd

I like to leave changes to debian/* to Chip as much as possible.
Sometimes I give him the opportunity to update them before I make a
new release, but in that case of 1.0.5 I wanted to do it more quickly.

When I make 1.1.0, I will definately give him the opportunity to get
debian/* fully up-to-date before releasing it.

NeilBrown