2003-09-10 12:47:51

by Robert Pawlowicz

Subject: Function not implemented

Hello
I have been pulling my hair out over this because I can't find a solution to
the problem.

I have a fresh install of debian linux and debian as you may already know
includes NFS as part of its standard packages. This includes kernel NFS
server support as well as the other usual packages that come with NFS.

All the daemons start up fine except for nfsd which doesn't start & gives me
the message:

server.address.com:/var/www: Function not implemented

When I try to mount the file on the client it just says that permission is
denied.

I have seen quite a bit about this function not implemented on the
discussion forums but have found nothing that adequately answers my problem.

Please help!

Regards,

Robert Pawlowicz

[email protected]
tel: 0114 250 7786

2003-09-10 14:49:54

by Marcel de Riedmatten

Subject: Re: Function not implemented

Le mer 10/09/2003 ? 14:57, Robert Pawlowicz a ?crit :
> Hello
> I have been pulling my hair out over this because I can't find a
> solution to the problem.
>
> I have a fresh install of debian linux and debian as you may already
> know includes NFS as part of its standard packages. This includes
> kernel NFS server support as well as the other usual packages that
> come with NFS.
>
> All the daemons start up fine except for nfsd which doesn't start &
> gives me the message:
>
> server.address.com:/var/www: Function not implemented
>
> When I try to mount the file on the client it just says that
> permission is denied.
>
> I have seen quite a bit about this function not implemented on the
> discussion forums but have found nothing that adequately answers my
> problem.

Hi

I would start to check some simple stuff:

modprobe nfs
lsmod
rpcinfo -p
exportfs -av

just to get an idea of what is wrong.

Cheers

--
Marcel de Riedmatten
pgp key: CFE703CA http://ftp.dotforge.ch/pub/users/mdr/mdr.gpg.asc

Attachments:
signature.asc (189.00 B)

2003-09-10 15:19:51

by Chip Salzenberg

According to Robert Pawlowicz:
> All the daemons start up fine except for nfsd which doesn't start & gives me
> the message:
>
> server.address.com:/var/www: Function not implemented

You don't have NFSD enabled in your kernel, most likely.
--
Chip Salzenberg - a.k.a. - <[email protected]>
but he stepped in a wormhole and had to go in early." // MST3K