2003-09-16 01:35:04

by Matt C

Subject: Re: [autofs] Re: VFS: Busy inodes after unmount on 2 way SMP

Don't know if it helps, but we also run a few hundred autofs4 clients,
with a mix of 2.4.21 and 2.4.18. The 2.4.21 machines are seeing quite a
few of these messages, but not on the 2.4.18 machines. We haven't seen any
of the oopses described below, though.

-matt

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Ion Badulescu wrote:

> > > Thanks. This reproduces the problem I'm chasing very well. I think this
> > > is clearly an unacceptable kernel bug.
> > >
> > Indeed. This is on autofs 3?
>
> Both 3 and 4, at least as far as the "self-destruct" message goes.
>
> Ion

by Frank Cusack

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 06:34:33PM -0700, Matt C wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Ion Badulescu wrote:

> > > Indeed. This is on autofs 3?
> >
> > Both 3 and 4, at least as far as the "self-destruct" message goes.
>
> Don't know if it helps, but we also run a few hundred autofs4 clients,
> with a mix of 2.4.21 and 2.4.18. The 2.4.21 machines are seeing quite a
> few of these messages, but not on the 2.4.18 machines. We haven't seen any
> of the oopses described below, though.

Same here, 2.4.22, autofs 3 and 4. I'll be playing with 2.6.0 next week.

I haven't tried to reproduce it with your method, but I do see the bug;
no oops though.

/fc