2004-01-26 15:14:26

by Vincent Roqueta

Subject: NFSv4 & /etc/exportfs

I tried to mount a directory using the old nfs conf. format (as indicated in
the man) and using the new one, as described here :
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/june_2002_rel/exports.html

I used nfs-util 1.0.6 (tarball version)

Well...
Using old format
1/ I can't mount the directory for rw... I tried approximatly all.

Using the new one:
It seem the program exportfs 1.0.6 don't understand the new datas formats
(that's confirmed by source code where I can't see the keyword "pseudo" for
example)
So, is the new format supported by a version of exports, and where can I
download the code?
If this new format is not supported at all, howto configure nfsv4 with the old
one?

Thank you

Vincent ROQUETA

by Vincent Roqueta

Subject: Re: NFSv4 & /etc/exportfs

Le Lundi 26 Janvier 2004 16:27, J. Bruce Fields a =E9crit :
> On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 03:44:07PM +0100, Vincent ROQUETA wrote:
> > I tried to mount a directory using the old nfs conf. format (as indicat=
ed
> > in the man) and using the new one, as described here :
> > http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/june_2002_rel/exports.html
>
> That's very out of date; the format described there was for a much older
> version of the code and will probably never be used. See
> http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/ for instructions on
> exporting to nfsv4. The idea is to use the fsid=3D0 option to mark one
> export as the nfsv4 "pseudofilesystem root" (the filesystem clients will
> get if they mount yourserver:/) and then attach other exports underneath
> it using mount --bind.
>
> --Bruce Fields

Great! It works fine ;)=20
Thx

by Vincent Roqueta

I'm trying with this patches:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/nfs-utils-patches/nfs-utils-1.0.6-1/

by J. Bruce Fields

On Mon, Jan 26, 2004 at 03:44:07PM +0100, Vincent ROQUETA wrote:
> I tried to mount a directory using the old nfs conf. format (as indicated in
> the man) and using the new one, as described here :
> http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/june_2002_rel/exports.html

That's very out of date; the format described there was for a much older
version of the code and will probably never be used. See
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/ for instructions on
exporting to nfsv4. The idea is to use the fsid=0 option to mark one