2004-07-30 12:29:19

by Enils Bashi

Subject: ypxfr: Can't get master address

Hi All,

I am looking at my /var/log/messages on Redhat Linux 9 running ypserv
2.8 and here is what I see on the NIS master:

Jul 30 08:00:00 <myserver> ypxfr[22647]: ypxfr: Can't get master address
Jul 30 08:00:00 <myserver> ypserv[1505]: refused connect from
127.0.0.1:776 to procedure ypproc_master (linux-nis,publickey.byname;-4)

Also lately our linux users have been complaining about passwords
changes not being propagated to the nis slaves and client. I wonder
whether these errors have anything to do with it.

Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated...

---
Enils Bashi
Computer Programmer
Chesapeake Bay Program
410 Severn Ave. Suite 109
Annapolis MD 21403
410-267-9833

by Bernd Schubert

Subject: Re: ypxfr: Can't get master address

> I am looking at my /var/log/messages on Redhat Linux 9 running ypserv
> 2.8 and here is what I see on the NIS master:
>
> Jul 30 08:00:00 <myserver> ypxfr[22647]: ypxfr: Can't get master address
> Jul 30 08:00:00 <myserver> ypserv[1505]: refused connect from
> 127.0.0.1:776 to procedure ypproc_master (linux-nis,publickey.byname;-4)
>
> Also lately our linux users have been complaining about passwords
> changes not being propagated to the nis slaves and client. I wonder
> whether these errors have anything to do with it.
>
> Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated...

Well, thats a NIS problem, but this is a NFS mailing list.