2004-09-07 13:26:53

by mehta kiran

Subject: lock recovery problems after notification

Hi,
I am using suse 9.0 on cluster machines
(runnnig nfs servers) and on client machine.
I am also using virtual ip so that nfsserver
is transparently failed over to other machine.

when nfs server fails over and sm-notify
notifies the client , client does not reclaim
locks , reason being that nfsserver sends
notification using its base ip address and not
virtual ip

Client does not find this base ip in its monitored

host list(as it access nfs server using virtual
ip)

This works on Redhat systems as rpc.statd has -n
option using which statd on server always
communicate with client using virtual ip
(rpc.statd -n <virtual ip>)

Also let me know if rpc.statd is going to be part
of Suse later or is sm-notify going to be modified

to give full functionality of rpc.statd

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks,
kiran