2004-11-24 23:28:49

by Denis Zaitsev

Subject: statd question

man statd states:

For each NFS client or server machine to be monitored, rpc.statd
creates a file in /var/lib/nfs/sm. When starting, it iterates
through these files and notifies the peer rpc.statd on those
machines.

A'm using nfs for a long time and I've never seen any file in
/var/lib/nfs/sm. And I worry: is my nfs system feels ok? Or maybe
something wrong with RPC? Or maybe secure-statd configure option is
involved? So what does this absence of the monitored hosts in the sm
dir mean? NFS in general works well for me, afaik.

Thanks in advance.