2004-12-08 15:17:55

by mehta kiran

Subject: lockd recovery failure

Hi ,
I have RHEL 4.0 beta2 installed on my machines.
NFS server run on these machines.
NFS client runs on machine with sles9 sp1 beta3
installed.

I want to achieve NFS lock failover on cluster
For this , i have a floating ip which floats
on cluster machines

rpc.statd is runnnig with commandline option -n
i:e rpc.statd -n <virtual ip>

But when NFS server fails over to other
machine , client gets SM_NOTIFY message but
it does not reclaim locks.

In var/log/message following is the message

statd :NOTIFY called
lockd: nlm_host_rebooted(base ip of server)

So the reason for lock recovery is that
notification is given to client using base ip
of server and not the ip specified with -n
option.

However , when I have above mentioned redhat
machines and RHEL 3 Update2 client everthing
works well(sm_notify recevied with ip in
-n option)
Also , if I use sles9 sp1 beta3 server and
sles9 sp1 beta3 client everthing works

So , I am not able to figure out the
component which has problem.
Is it sles9 sp1 beta3 client or RHEL 4.0
Beta2 NFS server

thanks,
kiran

by Steve Dickson

Subject: Re: lockd recovery failure

mehta kiran wrote:

>Hi ,
> I have RHEL 4.0 beta2 installed on my machines.
> NFS server run on these machines.
> NFS client runs on machine with sles9 sp1 beta3
> installed.

The lock recovery in the 2.6 does work.... I've recently sent out
server, client and statd
patches that should take care of the problem.... These patches will in
the RHEL4 RC
release.

steved.