2004-12-23 08:15:49

by mehta kiran

Subject: about reclaim notifications , stale handle , umount

Hi ,
I have three questions.It would be helpful
if anybody could answer them.

1.Client reclaims locks after receiving
notification from server.But does client
check Monitor ID or Base ip of sender
to decide whether or not to reclaim lock.??
As monitor ID may not be same as base ip of
sender.

2.If I restart nfs server on same machine
but nfs modules were not unloaded before
restart , then can it lead to stale nfs
handle problem.??

3.Filesystems which are mounted in order
to export them to nfs client , refuse
to umount though there are no visible
refereces to it.This problem occurs
only when client does some transaction
after mounting filesystems exported by
nfs server.This occurs around 30% of s
the times.fuser -m does not show show any
user of filesystem but still it does not
umount

thanks in advance.