2005-01-28 13:07:53

by mehta kiran

Subject: problem with umount

Hi ,
I have suse installed(2.6.5-7.109.12-smp)
installed on my machine.umount version 2.12
If i mount filesystems and export them
and if nfs client does some processing on filesystem
, server side sometime fails to unmount it.

But if client stays without doing any processing ,
everything works fine.
I tried using umount <filesystem> -O -l
but this does not work though man pages
say that even if there are reference to filesystem ,
it will be unmounted and later do required cleanup.

As problem arises only when nfs client does some
processing on filesystem , there must be problem in
nfs.(must not be cleaning up all references)
I have read previous thread on " forcing umount "
Have anybody else faced the same problem ?
Is there any fix for this ?

thanks,
kiran

http://my.yahoo.com