2005-03-08 14:46:48

by Vincent Roqueta

Subject: fsstress : bug with new patches.

Hello all,

Running nfs_stress during half hour.
-With 2 process, 1000 operation list lenght
-> All is OK (great, better than last week)

With 10 process, 1000 operation list lenght
After 20minutes I got this message (server):
Mar 8 15:30:54 fastboot kernel: NFSD: Failed to remove expired client state
directory 0803d019e0740dee6ad38414c44805c4 from /var/lib/nfs/v4recovery

fs_stress client are blocked (I can not kill it)

I note that some operation are going slower while fs_stress is running and
path lenght is growing.
-open_path
-creat_f
-creat_path

After 20 minutes fs_stress is blocked on one of this operations.
The last symlink name is 8 carater lenth and point to a 2732 lenth path.
That maybe caused the bug I see by a buffer overflow?

Some files named .nfsxxxxxxxxxxxxx (for ex. .nfs0028b8b10000060d) are
remaining on the server.

kernel is 2.6.11-CITI_NFS4_ALL-1 (Client and server)

Vincent