2005-03-10 13:56:06

by mehta kiran

Subject: NFSv4 support on SuSE 9 sp1

Hi ,
Is nfsv4 supported on SuSE 9 sp1 rc5.
SuSE 9 sp1 rc5 is not able to mount
nfs4 filesystems.

when i tried mount -t nfs4 server:/ /share
it gives error :
nfs_read_super : missing data argument.

I the recomplied kernel with additional
CONFIG_NFSD_V4=y (not enabled with default config
that comes with SuSE) and tried but i faced the same

error.

RHEL4 GA machine was acting as NFS server.
Other RHEL4 machine could mount the nfs4 filesystem.

thanks,
--kiran

by Olaf Kirch

Subject: Re: NFSv4 support on SuSE 9 sp1

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 05:55:58AM -0800, mehta kiran wrote:
> Is nfsv4 supported on SuSE 9 sp1 rc5.
> SuSE 9 sp1 rc5 is not able to mount
> nfs4 filesystems.

No, we don't support NFSv4 in SLES9.

Olaf
--
Olaf Kirch | --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
[email protected] | / | \ sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax