2005-03-14 13:36:53

by mehta kiran

Subject: problem starting rpc.svcgssd for NFSv4

Hi ,
I am trying to set up kerberos for NFSv4
All the daemons other than rpc.svcgssd start.

I have krb5kdc and kadmind running on (RHEL4)
vcslinux1 system.

file /etc/krb5.keytab has following contents:

nfs/[email protected]
root/[email protected]

#rpc.svcgssd -v -f

WARNING: unable to locate function
krb5_gss_internal_release_oid in krb5
mechanism library: there will be problems
if multiple mechanisms are used!
ERROR: GSS-API: error in gss_acquire_cred():
Miscellaneous failure - Unsupported key table
format version number unable to obtain root
(machine) credentials
do you have a keytab entry for
nfs/<your.host>@<YOUR.REALM> in
/etc/krb5.keytab?

thanks,
--kiran

by Kevin Coffman

Subject: Re: problem starting rpc.svcgssd for NFSv4

Hi Kiran,
What version of Kerberos are you using?

The error seems to indicate that your keytab is not in the expected
format. What does "klist -k /etc/krb5.keytab" show?

You may also want to get the latest libgssapi and librpcsecgss from:
http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/

> Hi ,
> I am trying to set up kerberos for NFSv4
> All the daemons other than rpc.svcgssd start.
>
> I have krb5kdc and kadmind running on (RHEL4)
> vcslinux1 system.
>

> file /etc/krb5.keytab has following contents:
>
> nfs/[email protected]
> root/[email protected]
>
> #rpc.svcgssd -v -f
>
> WARNING: unable to locate function
> krb5_gss_internal_release_oid in krb5
> mechanism library: there will be problems
> if multiple mechanisms are used!
> ERROR: GSS-API: error in gss_acquire_cred():
> Miscellaneous failure - Unsupported key table
> format version number unable to obtain root
> (machine) credentials
> do you have a keytab entry for
> nfs/<your.host>@<YOUR.REALM> in
> /etc/krb5.keytab?
>

> thanks,
> --kiran

by mehta kiran

Hi Kevin ,
output of klist -k /etc/krb5.keytab" is

Keytab name: FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab
klist: Unsupported key table format version
number while starting keytab scan

These are the different packages
(and their versions) installed on
my machines(RHEL4 GA)

krb5-workstation-1.3.4-9
krb5-server-1.3.4-9
krb5-libs-1.3.4-9
krbafs-utils-1.2.2-6
krbafs-devel-1.2.2-6
krbafs-1.2.2-6
krb5-auth-dialog-0.2-1
krb5-devel-1.3.4-9
pam_krb5-2.1.2-1

thanks,
--kiran

--- Kevin Coffman <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Kiran,
> What version of Kerberos are you using?
>
> The error seems to indicate that your keytab is not
> in the expected
> format. What does "klist -k /etc/krb5.keytab" show?
>
> You may also want to get the latest libgssapi and
> librpcsecgss from:
> http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/nfsv4/linux/
>

> > Hi ,
> > I am trying to set up kerberos for NFSv4
> > All the daemons other than rpc.svcgssd
> start.
> >
> > I have krb5kdc and kadmind running on
> (RHEL4)
> > vcslinux1 system.
> >

> > file /etc/krb5.keytab has following
> contents:

nfs/[email protected]

root/[email protected]

> > #rpc.svcgssd -v -f
> >
> > WARNING: unable to locate function
> > krb5_gss_internal_release_oid in krb5
> > mechanism library: there will be problems
> > if multiple mechanisms are used!
> > ERROR: GSS-API: error in gss_acquire_cred():
>
> > Miscellaneous failure - Unsupported key
> table
> > format version number unable to obtain root
> > (machine) credentials
> > do you have a keytab entry for
> > nfs/<your.host>@<YOUR.REALM> in
> > /etc/krb5.keytab?
> >

> > thanks,
> > --kiran

> > Yahoo! Small Business - Try our new resources
> site!

> > Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> > Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.

> Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
> Products from real users.
> Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
> Start reading now.

by Kevin Coffman

Well, it is consistent. How did you create your keytab and get it on
the machine? It seems to be corrupted somehow. I suggest creating a
new keytab file.