2005-03-16 13:39:17

by mehta kiran

Subject: problem mounting using NFSv4 when using -o sec=krb5 option

Hi ,
I have exported filesystems to client but
when client mounts using
mount -t nfs4 -o sec=krb5 vcslinux1:/ /share
it gets error :
-------------
kernel: RPC: Couldn't create auth handle (flavor
390003)
kernel: NFS: cannot create RPC client.
rpc.idmapd: open
(/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs/nfs/clnt23)
--------------

nfs sevver is runnnig on vcslinux1 system and
client on vcslinux5

Ouput of klist -k /etc/krb5.keytab on server

3
nfs/[email protected]
2 root/[email protected]
2
root/[email protected]
3
ftp/[email protected]

All nfs daemons are running. rpc.svcgssd and
rpc.idmapd is also runnnig.

On client side rpc.gssd is runnnig with -m option.

thanks,
--kiran

by Kevin Coffman

Is your server's kernel built with CONFIG_RPCSEC_GSS_KRB5?
If it is built as a module, is the module loaded?