2005-04-07 15:17:23

by Andrew Brooks

Subject: Enable NFS over TCP

Hi,

Sorry to bring up this old chestnut but I can't get my server to
advertise the TCP service; rpcinfo shows only udp and mount -o tcp
reports "nfs server reported service unavailable: Address already
in use".

I've rebuilt the kernel 2.4.26 with all NFS patches and both ticked:
CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL and CONFIG_NFSD_TCP.

nfs-utils 1.0.7 has been installed (on the server at least).

/etc/init.d/nfs and /etc/sysconfig/nfs look ok.

Now I'm out of ideas!

Thanks,

Andrew

by Neil Horman

Subject: Re: Enable NFS over TCP

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 04:17:15PM +0100, Andrew Brooks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry to bring up this old chestnut but I can't get my server to
> advertise the TCP service; rpcinfo shows only udp and mount -o tcp
> reports "nfs server reported service unavailable: Address already
> in use".
>
> I've rebuilt the kernel 2.4.26 with all NFS patches and both ticked:
> CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL and CONFIG_NFSD_TCP.
>
> nfs-utils 1.0.7 has been installed (on the server at least).
>
> /etc/init.d/nfs and /etc/sysconfig/nfs look ok.
>
> Now I'm out of ideas!

Try enabling /proc/sys/sunrpc/nfsd_debug and checking for errors?

> Thanks,
>
> Andrew

*Neil Horman
*Software Engineer