2005-06-17 22:54:38

by Tomas Richter

Subject: Exportfs and rpc.mountd optimalization

I did some optimalization of exportfs and rpc.mountd (linked
exportlist replaced by hash table). It has good results (I think) -
computing of exportfs and mountd (after running exportfs) is quicker.
Especially for long exportlists - about hundred thousand exports and
more.
Can someone look on it?
thanks
Tomas Richter

Attachments:
(No filename) (321.00 B)
nfs-utils-optimalized.tar.gz (404.57 kB)

by Tomas Richter

I did some optimalization of exportfs and rpc.mountd (linked
exportlist replaced by hash table). It has good results (I think) -
computing of exportfs and mountd (after running exportfs) is quicker.
Especially for long exportlists - about hundred thousand exports and
more.
Can someone look on it?
thanks
Tomas Richter

Attachments:
(No filename) (321.00 B)
nfs-utils-optimalized.tar.gz (404.57 kB)

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: Exportfs and rpc.mountd optimalization

m=C3=A5 den 20.06.2005 Klokka 19:34 (+0200) skreiv Tomas Richter:
> I did some optimalization of exportfs and rpc.mountd (linked
> exportlist replaced by hash table). It has good results (I think) -
> computing of exportfs and mountd (after running exportfs) is quicker.
> Especially for long exportlists - about hundred thousand exports and
> more.
> Can someone look on it?

If you would like to propose changes to the nfs-utils package, then
please repost them in the form of a standard patch against the current
nfs-utils CVS tree (see http://sourceforge.net/projects/nfs) so that
they may be reviewed.

Cheers,
Trond

by J. Bruce Fields

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 07:34:38PM +0200, Tomas Richter wrote:
> I did some optimalization of exportfs and rpc.mountd (linked
> exportlist replaced by hash table). It has good results (I think) -
> computing of exportfs and mountd (after running exportfs) is quicker.
> Especially for long exportlists - about hundred thousand exports and
> more.

It'd be interesting to see whether you could reproduce (and improve on)
Vincent Rouqueta's results:

http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/tools/tests/page17.php

> Can someone look on it?

Could you send your changes in the form of patches? (See, e.g.,
http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/tpp.txt).

--b.

by Vincent Roqueta

Le lundi 20 Juin 2005 19:34, Tomas Richter a =E9crit=A0:
> I did some optimalization of exportfs and rpc.mountd (linked
> exportlist replaced by hash table). It has good results (I think) -
> computing of exportfs and mountd (after running exportfs) is quicker.
> Especially for long exportlists - about hundred thousand exports and
> more.
> Can someone look on it?
Yes! ;)

Vincent