2005-11-03 22:53:05

by email builder

Subject: no_acl?

Hello,

I am trying to see if it is possible to specify no_acl for my exports (=
uh,
sorry, I forget if this is a client-mount or server-export setting), but =
it
does not appear to be implemented for the latest NFS package under Fedora
(core 3).

Am I just out of luck with Fedora and this option, or is there somethin=
I've overlooked? I was advised that it could eliminate a lot of unecessa=
ry
traffic and help performance noticably.

TIA!

=09
=09

by Steve Dickson

Subject: Re: no_acl?

email builder wrote:
> I am trying to see if it is possible to specify no_acl for my exports (uh,
> sorry, I forget if this is a client-mount or server-export setting), but it
> does not appear to be implemented for the latest NFS package under Fedora
> (core 3).
ACLs are not available in the 2.6.9 kernel. I believe they came
in around 2.6.10 or 2.6.11.

> Am I just out of luck with Fedora and this option, or is there something
> I've overlooked? I was advised that it could eliminate a lot of unecessary
> traffic and help performance noticably.
You'll need to upgrade to FC4 and then use the nfs-utils in Rawhide
to use the no_acl export option. I am assuming your talking about
nfsv3 acls...

steved.