2005-11-21 14:46:44

by Chris Dos

Subject: export very large filesystem

I have a customer that would like to export their 22.5 TB XFS file system via
NFS using Linux 2.6.14. Before I even attempt to do this, can NFS v2/3/4 even
handle something like this?

Chris Dos

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: export very large filesystem

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 07:46 -0700, Chris Dos wrote:
> I have a customer that would like to export their 22.5 TB XFS file system via
> NFS using Linux 2.6.14. Before I even attempt to do this, can NFS v2/3/4 even
> handle something like this?

Yes.

by Vincent Roqueta

Le Lundi 21 Novembre 2005 15:46, Chris Dos a =E9crit=A0:
> I have a customer that would like to export their 22.5 TB XFS file system
> via NFS using Linux 2.6.14. Before I even attempt to do this, can NFS
> v2/3/4 even handle something like this?

Yes!
http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/tools/tests/page16.php

Vincent

by Peter Staubach

Chris Dos wrote:

> I have a customer that would like to export their 22.5 TB XFS file
> system via NFS using Linux 2.6.14. Before I even attempt to do this,
> can NFS v2/3/4 even handle something like this?

As mentioned, yes. NFSv2 limits file sizes and the total number of blocks
in file systems to 32 bit quantities, so it won't, but NFSv3 and NFSv4 use
64 bit quantities, so they can.

ps