2005-11-26 18:11:18

by Nico Golde

Subject: NFS mounted but errors occur

Hi,
I have compiled in v2 and v3 support. I mount an nfs share
and it works (it shows the shared directories). If i try to
do an ls command in a share with some files the whole thing
breaks and ls hangs.

/var/log/syslog says:
Nov 14 00:30:55 noname kernel: nfs: server 192.168.0.4 not
responding, still trying

This is somehow strange. ls in share, which has got many
files in the root will fail immediatly.
I made a tcpdump, you can find it at:
http://nion.modprobe.de/nfs.dump

I found noone who can help me and nfsd and portmap are
running correclty. The NFS worked until ome day :(
I use nfs kernel server but the problem is independent from
the used kernel.
Regards Nico
P.S. Please CC me I am not subscribed.

--
Nico Golde - JAB: [email protected] | GPG: 0x73647CFF
http://www.ngolde.de | http://www.muttng.org | http://grml.org

Attachments:
(No filename) (932.00 B)
(No filename) (189.00 B)