2006-02-23 13:07:48

by Abhishek

Subject: query required

HI,
I have questions regarding NFS,

1.) How to find which version of NFS am I using.

2.) How to switch from one version to other version.

Rgds,

Abhishek

2006-02-23 13:40:55

by Vincent Roqueta

Subject: Re: query required

Le Jeudi 23 F=E9vrier 2006 14:07, Abhishek a =E9crit=A0:
> HI,
> I have questions regarding NFS,
>
> 1.) How to find which version of NFS am I using.
type mount -v on the client.
If version is not=20

> 2.) How to switch from one version to other version.
mount -t nfs -o nfsvers=3D2/3 server:/exported/directory /mount/point/

for nfs4
mount -t nfs4 server:/ /mount/point/

Vincent

by mehta kiran

1. You can see output of rpcinfo -p to see all the
versions of nfs on your system.
2. nfsstat -s will give you list of calls being made.
From this you can find active nfs server version.
Similarly for client you can use nfsstat -c
3.You can mount by using nfsvers option of mount=20
command to use specific nfs version

--- Abhishek <[email protected]> wrote:

> HI,
> I have questions regarding NFS,=20
>=20
> 1.) How to find which version of NFS am I using.
>=20
> 2.) How to switch from one version to other version.
>=20
> Rgds,
>=20
> Abhishek

ge
that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webc=
ast
and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territor=
y!
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D110944&bid=3D241720&dat=3D=
121642

by Abhishek

Hi,

Thanks for the update, regarding my second query, I still have a query

If I want this restriction of nfs version to be done from server, than w=
hat=20
should I do.

Meaning, I want the server to permit only nfs version 2 or 3 irrespectiv=
e=20
of which version
client wanna want to mount a exported file syste.

Rgds,

Abhishek

----- Original Message -----=20