2006-03-02 15:56:53

by Gopal Santhanam

Subject: NFSv3 + ACL + XFS?

Hi all,

I am successful in exporting an EXT3 partition with ACLs through
NFSv3.

However, I cannot do the same for an XFS partition with ACLs. =A0I
did a quick search on the web and did not easily find any
information on this. =A0What's the status on this? =A0Is there a way
I can get this to work through proper configuration?

Thanks!
Gopal

by Gopal Santhanam

Subject: Re: NFSv3 + ACL + XFS?

Hi all,

Any ideas on the below?

I'm supposing it just doesn't work, but would like to get
confirmation and some idea why it doesn't work before I decide
to migrate all of my XFS to EXT3.

Thanks,
Gopal

On Thursday 02 March 2006 07:03, Gopal Santhanam wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am successful in exporting an EXT3 partition with ACLs
> through NFSv3.
>
> However, I cannot do the same for an XFS partition with ACLs.
> I did a quick search on the web and did not easily find any
> information on this. What's the status on this? Is there a
> way I can get this to work through proper configuration?
>
> Thanks!
> Gopal

2006-03-03 16:30:40

by J. Bruce Fields

On Fri, Mar 03, 2006 at 08:02:37AM -0800, Gopal Santhanam wrote:
> On Thursday 02 March 2006 07:03, Gopal Santhanam wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am successful in exporting an EXT3 partition with ACLs
> > through NFSv3.
> >
> > However, I cannot do the same for an XFS partition with ACLs.
> > I did a quick search on the web and did not easily find any
> > information on this. What's the status on this? Is there a
> > way I can get this to work through proper configuration?

Hm, odd, both filesystems appear to support the same underlying
interface for getting and setting ACLs, but I can confirm that ACLs from
XFS aren't working over NFS. I'll investigate....

--b.