2006-04-04 13:39:57

by Chris Osicki

Subject: Q: NFS server cluster, again

Hello

In my previous posting I described the setup of a NFS cluster I built
and some problems I had.
Now everything looks OK. My main concern however is cluster fail-over
when a process is writing to a file on a NFS-mounted directory.
Up to now my NFS-clients have always been able to "recover" even if
sometimes it takes up to five minutes until I see again data on the server.

My question: am I just lucky now but asking for problems or is it an
expected behaviour?

Is anybody of you reading this list running a Linux NFS cluster
and willing to share his/her experiences? Any success/horror stories?

Servers are RedHat EL 4, kernel: 2.6.9-11.ELsmp
Clients are Solaris9 and 10.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Chris