2006-05-10 06:47:39

by Steffen Kolbe

Subject: nfs export from mount point with --bind ?

A server has mounted some luns (partitions) from a fc-storage to different
mount points in the system.
These are mounted for export via 'mount --bind' under an /export folder.
Is it possible to export only these /export folder via NFS or can I only
export
every "sub mount point (= --bind) in /exports" with the NFS kernel server?

The user server can this, but he hangs some times (Debian AMD64). So I
changed
to the kernel server whitch works stable. But he seems not to export
folders
which are mounted via --bind under a "master export". If I mount these
master
folder to a client, the folder is empty.

Is their a solutions or special option for this available?

Thanks
Steffen

by mehta kiran

Subject: Re: nfs export from mount point with --bind ?

Try exporting with "nohide" option. That would make
children filesystem visible to client.

--- Steffen Kolbe <[email protected]> wrote:

> A server has mounted some luns (partitions) from a
> fc-storage to different
> mount points in the system.
> These are mounted for export via 'mount --bind'
> under an /export folder.
> Is it possible to export only these /export folder
> via NFS or can I only=20
> export
> every "sub mount point (=3D --bind) in /exports" with
> the NFS kernel server?
>=20
> The user server can this, but he hangs some times
> (Debian AMD64). So I=20
> changed
> to the kernel server whitch works stable. But he
> seems not to export=20
> folders
> which are mounted via --bind under a "master
> export". If I mount these=20
> master
> folder to a client, the folder is empty.
>=20
> Is their a solutions or special option for this
> available?
>=20
> Thanks
> Steffen
>=20
>=20

> Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support
> web services, security?
> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated
> technology to make your job easier
> Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1
> based on Apache Geronimo

http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=3Dlnk&kid=3D120709&bid=3D263057&dat=3D=
121642
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around=20
http://mail.yahoo.com=20