2006-12-01 08:06:52

by linuxkernel

Subject: several oopses of nfsd in 2.6.16.29

Hello,

it happened again, but this time without /proc/fs/nfsd mounted. This is getting on my nerves.
Please see attached the oopses. Now I switched to 2.6.16.33.

cheers,

Peter

Attachments:
nfs.oopses (13.41 kB)
(No filename) (347.00 B)
(No filename) (140.00 B)

by Olaf Kirch

Subject: Re: several oopses of nfsd in 2.6.16.29

On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:06:35AM +0100, [email protected] wrote:
> it happened again, but this time without /proc/fs/nfsd mounted. This is getting on my nerves.
> Please see attached the oopses. Now I switched to 2.6.16.33.

It doesn't look like this is necessarily nfsd's fault; this looks more
like memory corruption to me. Something stomped on either the inode or
(less likely) the inode->ops of some file.

I'd suggest building the kernel with slab debugging enabled and
see whether that turns up anything useful.

There's a remote chance this is related to ACLs though, as the
first crash is in an ACL call. Are you using ACLs at all?

Olaf
--
Walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck. Must be a chicken.

by linuxkernel

(forgot to cc to the list)

> On Fri, Dec 01, 2006 at 09:06:35AM +0100, [email protected] wrote:
> > it happened again, but this time without /proc/fs/nfsd mounted. This is
> getting on my nerves.
> > Please see attached the oopses. Now I switched to 2.6.16.33.
>
> It doesn't look like this is necessarily nfsd's fault; this looks more

ok, I only saw "Process: nfsd" in the oops, that's why I report it here.

> like memory corruption to me. Something stomped on either the inode or
> (less likely) the inode->ops of some file.

possible but oopses also occured on the other machine, although
they weren't logged, but okay I'll run a memtest. And the filesystems
of these machines are synced via rsync, not via drbd, so the inodes
are different.

> I'd suggest building the kernel with slab debugging enabled and
> see whether that turns up anything useful.

do I have to do anything special besides building with CONFIG_DEBUG_SLAB?

> There's a remote chance this is related to ACLs though, as the
> first crash is in an ACL call. Are you using ACLs at all?

yes, they are mounted with acl, but it is not used at the moment,
I don't even think there is any file with acls set.

Thanks again,

Peter