2007-07-23 16:15:38

by Gabriel Barazer

Subject: bug : sm-notify path is hardcoded into statd

Hi,

Just found another which happens when nfs utilities are not installed in
/usr/sbin (e.g. because it's installed in /sbin for a diskless setup),
statd can't properly call sm-notify because the path to sm-notify is
hardcoded at utils/statd/statd.c:226 (nfs-utils-1.1.0). To preserve
consistency with configure switch, we must instead replace it with the
sbindir variable. (I can't reliably do a patch because I don't know
enough how to deal with the autotools).

Thanks,

Gabriel

by Steinar H. Gunderson

Subject: Re: bug : sm-notify path is hardcoded into statd

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 06:15:28PM +0200, Gabriel Barazer wrote:
> Just found another which happens when nfs utilities are not installed in
> /usr/sbin (e.g. because it's installed in /sbin for a diskless setup),
> statd can't properly call sm-notify because the path to sm-notify is
> hardcoded at utils/statd/statd.c:226 (nfs-utils-1.1.0). To preserve
> consistency with configure switch, we must instead replace it with the
> sbindir variable. (I can't reliably do a patch because I don't know
> enough how to deal with the autotools).

FWIW, in Debian we simply change it to /sbin. A proper patch upstream would
probably be preferable, though -- smaller delta from upstream to
distributions is always good.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/