2007-03-27 20:05:31

by Phy Prabab

Subject: Re: Issues with 2.6.21-rc4/5 and slowlaris 8

Hello again,

So it looks like I have to make a small correction, I do indeed see this problem on Solaris 10 on intel. Interestingly, the first time I untarred the files, everything went smoothly - I was even able to remove the entire package without issue. However, upon the second untarring, I started to get errors about permissions and directories not being there. I am inclined to think this is a caching issue.

Any help?
TIA,
Phy

----- Original Message ----
From: Phy Prabab <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:32:16 PM
Subject: Issues with 2.6.21-rc4/5 and slowlaris 8

Hello,

I am having some issues with slowlaris 8 sparc and linux
2.6.21-rc4/5 (actually, 2.6.20.x as well) with directory
permissions. The client is the slowlaris box mounting a file system
(XFS, LVM, DM, 3Ware 9650) from the linux box. I extract some files
from a tar ball and then try to delete them, I get permission denied,
however, the files are owned by my uid and the file permissions are
775. Any help figuring this out would be most welcome. I can provide
plenty of debugging if needed.

TIA!
Phy

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

Get your own web address.

(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (140.00 B)

by Jeff Layton

Phy Prabab wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> So it looks like I have to make a small correction, I do indeed see this
> problem on Solaris 10 on intel. Interestingly, the first time I
> untarred the files, everything went smoothly - I was even able to remove
> the entire package without issue. However, upon the second untarring, I
> started to get errors about permissions and directories not being
> there. I am inclined to think this is a caching issue.
>
> Any help?
> TIA,
> Phy

Just a SWAG, but you might want to try disabling ACL's when mounting and see if
that makes any difference.
-- Jeff