2002-09-04 00:56:35

by Jean-Eric Cuendet

Subject: NFSv3 and v2

Hi,
Is it enough if my NFS server implements only the NFSv3 interface from
nfs3_prot.x or is it NECESSARY to implement the nfs_prot.x also.
I plan to have only NFSv3 clients.

Thanks
-jec

--
Jean-Eric Cuendet
Linkvest SA

by Spencer Shepler

Subject: Re: NFSv3 and v2

On Wed, Jean-Eric Cuendet wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it enough if my NFS server implements only the NFSv3 interface from
> nfs3_prot.x or is it NECESSARY to implement the nfs_prot.x also.
> I plan to have only NFSv3 clients.

There is no requirement to implement NFS version 2. An NFSv3 server
is viable. Don't forget about the file locking RPC program NLM if you
want your server to provide file locking services to its clients as
well.

Spencer