2002-09-23 13:24:52

by Jose Santiago

Subject: RPC request reserved 240 but used 244

I am seeing messages similar to the following in my kernel log since I
upgraded to 2.4.19. I have installed Trond's NFS_ALL patches and the
linux-2.4.19-30-neilb.dif patch from Trond's NFS patches site. Is this
something I need to worry about?

by NeilBrown

Subject: Re: RPC request reserved 240 but used 244

On Monday September 23, [email protected] wrote:
> I am seeing messages similar to the following in my kernel log since I
> upgraded to 2.4.19. I have installed Trond's NFS_ALL patches and the
> linux-2.4.19-30-neilb.dif patch from Trond's NFS patches site. Is this
> something I need to worry about?

I cannot seem to find Trond's site just at the moment to check, but I
suspect that it is an oldish patch with some arithmetic errors in it.
The correct (I hope:-) version of this patch is in 2.4.20-pre so maybe
you could try that, or compare fs/nfsd/nfsproc.c and
fs/nfsd/nfs3proc.c

NeilBrown