2002-12-11 11:42:01

by Muhammad Sibtain Bashir

Subject: NFS Problem

Dear sir

i am using NFS server , instead of using the domain names i am using the IP addresses of my clients machines
the file /etc/export looks like

/google 203.215.160.2(rw)
/345 203.215.160.2(rw)
/mnt/cdrom 203.215.160.2(rw)

now when i mount the directories on my client machine it get mounted okay and i can read any file in the mounted directories but as above i have given the write permision as well ,but i cant write any thing and this message show * permission denied*.

waiting for response plz .

regards

Muhammad Sibtain

2002-12-12 23:57:12

by Jose Santiago

Subject: RE: NFS Problem

What are the permissions on the directories that you are trying to write
to via NFS? What user is trying to do the write? Be aware, that root
maps to user nobody via NFS unless you root_squash.