2003-07-17 11:08:02

by Steve Fosdick

Subject: How to enable debugging on NFS (dprintk)?

There are some calls to dprintk within the NFS kernel code - how to I
set things up to I can see the messages from these calls please?

Steve.

by Danny Smith

Subject: Re: How to enable debugging on NFS (dprintk)?

It's controlled by /proc/sys/sunrpc/nfs_debug (or nfsd_debug for the
server).

Not totally sure of the valid values, but it's an int bit field, so this
will turn most things on (client side):

echo 65535 > /proc/sys/sunrpc/nfs_debug

Danny

Steve Fosdick wrote:

> There are some calls to dprintk within the NFS kernel code - how to I
> set things up to I can see the messages from these calls please?
>
> Steve.

Danny Smith
Senior Systems Administrator, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd
020 7973 4000 - x4055 / [email protected]

by nobody

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 03:33:36PM +0100, Danny Smith wrote:
> It's controlled by /proc/sys/sunrpc/nfs_debug (or nfsd_debug for the
> server).
>
> Not totally sure of the valid values

See include/linux/sunrpc/debug.h, include/linux/nfs_fs.h (the very end,
where the NFSDBG_* macros are defined), and include/linux/nfsd/debug.h.

--Bruce Fields