2004-01-02 05:30:19

by Norman Zhang

Subject: NFS history

Hi,

I've been googling for the difference between NFSv1 and NFSv2, but only
found NFSv2 vs NFSv3. Does anyone recall some of major changes from v1
to v2?

Regards,
Norman

by Tom McNeal

Subject: Re: NFS history

V1 was never released by Sun as a product, I think. Brent may have talked
about it in "NFS Illustrated". We're talking about 1985-7, you know.

Regards;

Tom

Norman Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been googling for the difference between NFSv1 and NFSv2, but only
> found NFSv2 vs NFSv3. Does anyone recall some of major changes from v1
> to v2?
>
> Regards,
> Norman

Tom McNeal