2004-03-30 20:52:52

by Guolin Cheng

Subject: NFS over TCP reports strange messags on Fedora FC1

Hi,

I got a strange problem on my newly installed Fedora FC1 box. On the =
FC1 box'es console I got the following error messages:

RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x*********** (non-terminal)
RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x*********** (large)
... (same, omitted) ....

Any one know why? The nfs function seems working fine...

The box is FC1, customized vanlina 2.4.25 kernel with libata patch, =
"nfs server over tcp" is enabled. The box works as a nfs server, while =
another redhat 8.0 box works as a new client trying to mount FC1 by =
means of amd (similar to automount).

Thanks.
--Guolin Cheng

by Trond Myklebust

On Tue, 2004-03-30 at 15:52, Guolin Cheng wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got a strange problem on my newly installed Fedora FC1 box. On the FC1 box'es console I got the following error messages:
>
> RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x*********** (non-terminal)
> RPC: bad TCP reclen 0x*********** (large)
> ... (same, omitted) ....
>

> Any one know why? The nfs function seems working fine...

Could be that someone trying to crash your NFS server. The above is the
sort of output you would see if someone is feeding it random garbage.

Only a tcpdump that catches the offending behaviour could tell...

Cheers,
Trond