2004-08-27 02:39:10

by K.R. Foley

Subject: NFS Latencies

I have found some rather lengthy latencies related to NFS on Linux. Is
this the right place to bring those up?

kr

by K.R. Foley

Subject: Re: NFS Latencies

Vincent ROQUETA wrote:
> Le Vendredi 27 Ao=FBt 2004 04:39, K.R. Foley a =E9crit :
>=20
>>I have found some rather lengthy latencies related to NFS on Linux. Is
>>this the right place to bring those up?
>>
>>kr
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Can you tell me were are the latencie?. I am working on performances of=
NFSv4=20
> linux implementation=20
>=20
> Vincent
>=20

I have several latency traces generated from running the NFS-COMPILE=20
test in the stress-kernel package. You can see them here:

http://www.cybsft.com/testresults/2.6.8.1-P9.NFS/

I think that most of these have to do with the code not being preemptable.

kr