2005-08-23 22:41:02

by Brett Petrusek

Subject: NFS IA32 server / IA64 client problems

I posted a question about this problem a couple of weeks ago but did not
recieve any responses. I am having severe performance issues transfering
files between an ia64 NFS server and ia32 NFS client (and vice versa).
Networking has been completely ruled out as an issue. What I'm really
wanting to know is if anyone else is experiencing these problems. I have
been able to reproduce this problem is several different configurations
and locations. If you can name the OS/kernel/nfs version, I have used
it, and all of them come up with similar results (NFSv4 actually
performs worse). I can provide any information requested, but as this
problems occurs on almost all flavors of linux and all kernel versions,
I'm not sure how useful it would be.

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing similar performance
degredation on cross architecture NFS transfers.

Brett P

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: NFS IA32 server / IA64 client problems

ty den 23.08.2005 Klokka 16:44 (-0600) skreiv Brett Petrusek:

> Networking has been completely ruled out as an issue.

How?

Cheers,
Trond