2006-04-12 02:45:49

by Vince Busam

Subject: fileid changed messages appearing after upgrade to 2.6.16.1

After upgrading from 2.6.13.4 + CITI NFS patch to 2.6.16.1 (with no
patches), I've started seeing error messages like the following:

NFS: server build.nfs error: fileid changed
fsid 0:17: expected fileid 0x5d3644, got 0x5d363c
nfs_update_inode: inode 6108740 mode changed, 0040755 to 0000000

The equivalent errors (the printk output was moved and changed) did not
show up with 2.6.13.4. Is this a known issue, or is there anything I
can do to help pinpoint the problem?

Thanks,
Vince

by Trond Myklebust

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 19:45 -0700, Vince Busam wrote:
> After upgrading from 2.6.13.4 + CITI NFS patch to 2.6.16.1 (with no
> patches), I've started seeing error messages like the following:
>
> NFS: server build.nfs error: fileid changed
> fsid 0:17: expected fileid 0x5d3644, got 0x5d363c
> nfs_update_inode: inode 6108740 mode changed, 0040755 to 0000000
>
> The equivalent errors (the printk output was moved and changed) did not
> show up with 2.6.13.4. Is this a known issue, or is there anything I
> can do to help pinpoint the problem?

What did you upgrade? The client or the server? What mount options etc,
etc....

Cheers,
Trond

by Vince Busam

Trond Myklebust wrote:
> What did you upgrade? The client or the server?

Just the client, which is where this warning started showing up.

> What mount options etc,

rw,nosuid,tcp,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,intr,bg (nfsv3)

I haven't been able to narrow down what happened in userspace to cause
this, and haven't seen any ill effects to userspace programs.

Vince

by Trond Myklebust

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 21:13 -0700, Vince Busam wrote:
> Trond Myklebust wrote:
> > What did you upgrade? The client or the server?
>
> Just the client, which is where this warning started showing up.

What is the server setup?

Cheers,
Trond

by Vince Busam

Trond Myklebust wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 21:13 -0700, Vince Busam wrote:
>> Trond Myklebust wrote:
>>> What did you upgrade? The client or the server?
>> Just the client, which is where this warning started showing up.
>
> What is the server setup?

This is a NetApp server with ONTAP 7. Are there any relevant configuration options that
could affect this?

Vince