2004-03-12 16:59:28

by Lever, Charles

Subject: RE: NSM lock recovery fails too often

hi all-

so we need two solutions: one for legacy 2.4 and one going forward
on 2.6.

for 2.4, i'd like to see one of the statd patch alternatives
incorporated into the nfs-utils distribution as soon as possible
so that all Linux distributors can pick up an approved patch for
their 2.4-based distributions. which alternative is the favorite?
this should be addressed quickly.

for 2.6, olaf's work has promise.