2005-01-11 16:32:39

by Jeff Blaine

Subject: General NFSv3 + Linux kernel timeline?

I've read the FAQ. A lot of the information is not very
specific as to affected versions:

Is there any (or can anyone take 5 minutes to write up)
timeline that lists the major obvious problems throughout
2.4.21 to 2.6.9 and where they were fixed and enabled
(NOT experimental) in the kernel?

Things like the "file corruption when very rapid writes
from different clients leave the file size unchanged"
bug, rsize/wsize problems, etc.

Thanks for any info.

by Lever, Charles

Subject: RE: General NFSv3 + Linux kernel timeline?

sorry jeff. what you want would be included in a bug database, but we
are only now discussing how such a database should be managed. we don't
have this kind of information at our fingertips.

by Trond Myklebust

on den 12.01.2005 Klokka 06:44 (-0800) skreiv Lever, Charles:
> sorry jeff. what you want would be included in a bug database, but we
> are only now discussing how such a database should be managed. we don't
> have this kind of information at our fingertips.

Sure we do. See ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog*
and the [email protected] archives.

The infomation may not be optimally organized, but it is there for
anyone who wants to mine it. It will take far longer than 5 minutes
though...

Cheers,
Trond
--