2007-03-27 19:32:21

by Phy Prabab

Subject: Issues with 2.6.21-rc4/5 and slowlaris 8

Hello,

I am having some issues with slowlaris 8 sparc and linux
2.6.21-rc4/5 (actually, 2.6.20.x as well) with directory
permissions. The client is the slowlaris box mounting a file system
(XFS, LVM, DM, 3Ware 9650) from the linux box. I extract some files
from a tar ball and then try to delete them, I get permission denied,
however, the files are owned by my uid and the file permissions are
775. Any help figuring this out would be most welcome. I can provide
plenty of debugging if needed.

TIA!
Phy

(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (140.00 B)

by Phy Prabab

Subject: Re: Issues with 2.6.21-rc4/5 and slowlaris 8

Hello again,

Following up on my message, I also tried this with a slowlaris 10 box and ran into the same permission issues. However, I do not see this on any linux client. I also do not see this behavior with AIX 5.303/04.

Any help is greatly appreciated in tracking down this issue.
TIA!
Phy

I am having some issues with slowlaris 8 sparc and linux
2.6.21-rc4/5 (actually, 2.6.20.x as well) with directory
permissions. The client is the slowlaris box mounting a file system
(XFS, LVM, DM, 3Ware 9650) from the linux box. I extract some files
from a tar ball and then try to delete them, I get permission denied,
however, the files are owned by my uid and the file permissions are
775. Any help figuring this out would be most welcome. I can provide
plenty of debugging if needed.

TIA!
Phy

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265

Attachments:
(No filename) (345.00 B)
(No filename) (140.00 B)

by Phy Prabab

Another follow up, the permission issue is only experienced on Solaris 8, 10 on sparc. On Solaris on Intel (x86_64) the permission issue does not exit.

TIA!
Phy

I am having some issues with slowlaris 8 sparc and linux
2.6.21-rc4/5 (actually, 2.6.20.x as well) with directory
permissions. The client is the slowlaris box mounting a file system
(XFS, LVM, DM, 3Ware 9650) from the linux box. I extract some files
from a tar ball and then try to delete them, I get permission denied,
however, the files are owned by my uid and the file permissions are
775. Any help figuring this out would be most welcome. I can provide
plenty of debugging if needed.

TIA!
Phy

with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.