2007-08-10 08:19:01

by rnews

Subject: Re: inconsistencies in nfs(5)

Chuck Lever <[email protected]> wrote:
| This is still in utils/mount/nfsmount.c.

It is not in util-linux-ng-2.13-rc2 anymore, which is in Debian sid.

| I'm not sure how this can affect other mount commands running
| concurrently on the same client. The man page implies that if one mount
| command has backgrounded against a server, subsequent mount commands
| against the same server will just go right into the background. But
| prev_bg_host is unique in each instance of the mount command.
|
| Can you help me understand what you intended? Do you have a test case?

Phew, I wrote that 10 years ago! But I think that when you do a
"mount -atnfs", multiple mounts will be handled by the same mount
instance. The code helps when there are multiple NFS mounts from the
same host in fstab, and the server is down when you boot the client.

--
Dick Streefland //// Altium BV
[email protected] (@ @) http://www.altium.com