2002-05-05 10:46:12

by Gavin Woodhatch

Subject: Linux NFS Implementation

Hello All

Are all NFSv3 Fuctions Implemented in Linux (like readdirplus) ?

What C Funtions should be best used to open / read a file on a NFS
Server ? Or doesn't it make a difference ?

--

Kind regards

NetZone AG
Gavin Woodhatch

by Gavin Woodhatch

Subject: Re[2]: Linux NFS Implementation

Trond Myklebust wrote:

> > Hello All Are all NFSv3 Fuctions Implemented in Linux (like
> > readdirplus) ?
>
> Are you talking about the client or the server?

Hello Trond, i meant the client, sorry for not being more clear.

Thanks

NetZone Ltd.

Gavin Woodhatch

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: Re[2]: Linux NFS Implementation

> Trond Myklebust wrote:
>> > Hello All Are all NFSv3 Fuctions Implemented in Linux (like
>> > readdirplus) ?
>>
>> Are you talking about the client or the server?

> Hello Trond, i meant the client, sorry for not being more
> clear.

READDIRPLUS is not yet implemented. I have patches on

http://www.fys.uio.no/~trondmy/src/<kernel_version>

that do so, but they have not been merged into the kernel.

There is also some work to be done in order to implement proper
versions of NFSv3 exclusive open, and the ACCESS call, but those will
both probably require VFS changes...

Cheers,
Trond

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: Linux NFS Implementation

> Hello All Are all NFSv3 Fuctions Implemented in Linux (like
> readdirplus) ?

Are you talking about the client or the server?

> What C Funtions should be best used to open / read a file on a
> NFS Server ? Or doesn't it make a difference ?

The standard POSIX functions should be fine.

Cheers,
Trond