2007-06-06 07:15:06

by Chakri n

Subject: Locale support in NFS client side

Hi,

I am trying to access file systems using different locales from a UTF8
NFS client.
I see garbage.

Localization as such is not supported/covered in NFSV2/V3.

I am planning to write a layer on top of existing V2/V3 client and
convert server side file or directory names to UTF8 format inside
kernel, so that user level components using UTF8 always see file names
as expected by them.

Is this option explored earlier? If it is, can anyone provides me some
hooks where is the better place to start with?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
--Chakri