2004-02-27 05:29:46

by Wendy Cheng

Subject: NFS UDP fragmentation

Hi,

We're debugging an UDP packet fragmentation problem that leads us to the
nfs.sourceforge.net FAQ (http://nfs.sourceforge.net/#section_b). In section
B10, it is stated that

"The fix is to make the Linux's IP fragmentation logic continue fragmenting
a datagram even when output socket buffer space is over its limit. This fix
appears in kernels newer than 2.4.20.".

And

"3. If you can't upgrade your clients, increase the default size of your
client's socket buffers (see below). 2.4.20 and later kernels do this
automatically for the NFS client's socket buffers. See Section 5.3ff of the
NFS How-To for more information."

We're wondering where exactly these two pieces of code located (in
$2.4.21kernel/fs/nfs directory ?) Since our system is based on one
particular vendor's distribution, we would like to do a "diff" to check
whether they're included.

Could folks give us a hand ? Great thanks !

-- Wendy